Teak Tree Plantation Growing
Teak Tree Plantation Growing
A sustainable tree plantation conserves native ecosystems, enhances local welfare and is financially profitable. Well designed tree plantations can also help save existing natural forests.
Plantation-grown timber is helping meet this growing demand, and offers a number of advantages to first growth forests.
- Plantation forests can yield 3-10 times more usable wood than natural forests
- Products from plantation forests provide more uniform wood
- Trees in forest plantations grow quicker than in natural forests
- Plantations are easily controlled for sustainability
- Benefits local ecomomies & communities
Benefiting local communities:
Tree plantations can provide new opportunities for local communities and help to reverse economic decline and rural depopulation. When establishing plantations Environmental and Social Impact
Assessments (ESIA) are conducted to identify the potential impacts of our operations and to find ways to mitigate adverse impacts and enhance positive ones.
A new tree plantation has an effect on the local landscape and can raise questions in local communities. For this reason, we engage local stakeholders in dialogue. We fully recognize the rights of indigenous people and do not establish plantations in territories belonging to them.
The benefits of tree farming:
Well designed integrated tree farming can deliver a range of benefits.
- Dryland Salinity: Substantial tree plantings in previously cleared areas will assist in managing the effects of salinity. Progress is monitored via bores located in planted areas and also in unplanted control areas in the same region, to produce comparative results.
- Water Levels: In areas not yet affected by salinity, the rise in the water table caused by extensive land clearing can progressively make land unusable through water-logging. Well designed plantings are aimed at reducing and managing the level of the water table.
- Carbon Sequestration: Tree plantings are an effective strategy in offsetting the growing emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouses gases to the atmosphere. Trees absorb carbon dioxide and release oxygen through the process of photosynthesis.
- Commercial Outputs: Mature trees have a range of commercial uses, including timber for construction and furniture manufacturing, fibre for manufacture of wood products such as particle board, veneers for laminated veneer lumber. The harvesting, processing and marketing of mature trees have the potential to create sustainable jobs in regional areas.
- Farm Benefits: stands of trees provide windbreaks, shelter for stock, help reduce soil erosion, and can help protect fragile natural vegetation, as well as providing biodiversity and aesthetic benefits on-farm. And, importantly, the project provides options for an income stream – often from unproductive areas - to assist in the main business activities of the farm.
Tree plantations can turn plots of deforested land into sustainable tropical ecosystems. Not only do these help the planet to breathe, but they also turn a profit for local communities.
Copyright © 2001-2022 Teak Patio Furniture SalesTeakPatioFurnitureSales.comAll rights reserved.
Delivering Teak Patio Furniture For 20 Years